- Olive oil 2 tsp
- Chicken thigh cutlets 3 pound, skin on
- Medium brown onion 1, chopped finely
- Garlic 1 clove, crushed
- Dry white wine 1/2 cup
- White wine vinegar 2 tsp
- Chicken stock 1/2 cup
- Crushed tomatoes 1 can (14-ounce)
- Tomato paste 1/4 cup
- Anchovy filets 2, drained, chopped finely
- Pitted black olives 1/2 cup, chopped coarsely
- Coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley 1/2 cup
How to Cook:
- Heat half the oil in large saucepan; cook chicken, in batches, until browned all over. Remove chicken from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Stir in wine, vinegar, stock, un-drained tomatoes, paste, and anchovies.
- Return chicken to pan, fitting pieces tightly together in a single layer; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; simmer about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced. Skim fat from surface; stir in olives and parsley.