- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 3cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp mild chili powder
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red chili
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 284ml carton double cream
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- basmati rice and naan bread, to serve
- Put the chicken, ginger, garlic, chili powder, coriander, lime juice and 1 tbsp of oil in a bowl. Stir, and set aside. Chop the onion, and seed and chop the chili.
- Heat a large shallow pan. Tip in the chicken and marinade and fry for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the onion and chili for 3-4 minutes until just soft. Add the turmeric and stir fry for 1 minute. Lower the heat, pour in the cream and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes, or until cooked. Season and stir in the lemon juice. Serve with rice and naan bread.