- 2 Cups Sabut urad dal
- 8 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ginger, sliced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Shahi zeera
- 1 tsp Kasoori meethi
- 2 cups Tomato puree
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 cups Cream
- For garnishing Green chillies (slit lengthwise)
- To the dal, add water, 1 Tbsp salt and ginger. Cook until dal becomes tender.
- In a heavy based pan, heat butter and oil. Add shahi jeera and kasoori methi. When they begin to splutter, add tomato puree, remaining salt, chilli powder and sugar.
- Stir-fry over high flame, till the oil separates.
- Add cooked dal and bring to boil. The consistency should be such that the dal should move around freely when stirred, otherwise add a little water.
- Leave to simmer, uncovered, till well blended. Stir-in cream and once it gets heated through, serve immediately, garnished with green chillies