Prep Time : 0-5 minutes
Cook time : 31-40 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Sweet
- Refined flour (maida) 2 cups
- Semolina (suji / rawa) 2 teaspoons
- Oil 3 tbsps + for deep-frying
- For Stuffing
- Semolina (suji / rawa) 1/2 cup
- Ghee 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Grated jaggery 4 tablespoons
- Green cardamom powder a pinch
- Mix flour, semolina and 3 tbsps oil in a bowl. Add sufficient water and knead into a semi-soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into medium sized pedas.
- To make stuffing, heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add semolina and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and jaggery and mix well. Add cardamom powder, mix well and cook, stirring continuously, till it reaches halwa consistency. Remove from heat and cool down to room temperature.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Flatten pedas and roll out into medium sized discs. Place a spoonful of stuffing in the centre, bring the edges together and pinch to seal. Press to flatten and roll out into thick puris.
- Gently slide into hot oil and deep-fry till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Arrange them on a serving plate and serve hot.