- 1 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
- Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and 1 tablespoon salt and cook, stirring often, until al dente. Reserve 1/3 cup cooking water, then drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons oil, two-thirds of garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in 10‑inch nonstick skillet over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic foams and is sticky and straw-colored, about 10 minutes. Off heat, add remaining garlic, pepper flakes, parsley, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons reserved cooking water.
- Transfer drained pasta to warm serving bowl. Add garlic mixture, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and remaining reserved cooking water to pasta and toss to combine. Season with salt to taste and serve immediately, passing Parmesan separately.